“When we give thanks for the cup at the Lord’s Supper, aren’t we sharing in the blood of Christ? When we break the bread, aren’t we sharing in the body of Christ? Just as there is one loaf, so we who are many are one body. We all eat from the one loaf.” ~ I Corinthians 10:16-17 (NIrV)
The Lord’s Supper is
1) a proclamation of the gospel,
2) the remembrance of Christ,
3) the feasting on all that God is for us in Jesus;
4) the savoring of the new covenant promises,
5) the call to love, and
6) the call to examine ourselves.
It is all grace and all mercy for those who believe in Christ Jesus. Sometimes tender and sometimes tough. Sometimes sweet and sometimes severe. But always gracious.
Drinking His Blood shed for the forgiveness of sins