Here are some helpful hints to run a household more smoothly:
- Keep a large empty drawer, storage box or laundry basket handy for instant cleanup when an unexpected guest is on the way.
- Keep instruction booklets to your appliances in a handy notebook. Same goes for household couments, mortgage agreements, insurance policies, and so on.
- Add shelves above your washer and dryer and add colored plastic baskets – one color per family member. When you unload the dryer, place their clothes into the respective basket for each member to fold and put away their own clothes.
- Pin the menus for the week on a bulletin board – with the recipe titles and cookbook reference page.
- If you have trouble getting started in the morning, get organized the night before. Lay out your clothes, measure the coffee, and the breakfast table before you go to bed.
- When lining garbage bags, always put a few extra in the can. Then remove the bags, one at a time, when needed.
- To save time at the grocery store, organize your grocery list according to the isles in the store.
- Designate one area of your home for filing business papers, letters and clippings.
- Attach the non-skid cuts for tub are effective on slippery high chair’s. The child will feel safer and more secure.
- Use petroleum jelly to lubricate drawers to open smoothly.