“My mouth is filled with your praise, and with your glory all the day.”
– Psalm 71:8 (ESV)
In this book, Joni Eareckson Tada and Bobbie Wolgemuth collaborate to help you teach twelve classic hymns to the children you love. With richly orchestrated music, true stories, prayers, and Scripture, Hymns for a Kid’s Heart will feed your child’s soul.
- Be inspired by the true stories of the hymn-writers.
- Connect with tenderly written devotionals.
- Learn to sing twelve classic Christian hymns.
- Practice piano and guitar with printed music.
- Understand more about God’s character and grace.
- Memorize a Bible verse with each hymn.
- Learn to pray along with their singing.
- Give children a lasting musical treasure.
- Experience the pleasure of filling young hearts with joy.
- Be equipped with the tools to teach children twelve classic hymns.
- Enlighten young people with an understandable theology.
- Enjoy prayer and Bible memorization with kids.
Includes a fully orchestrated CD with children’s voices singing along with Joni and Bobbie and simple piano music with guitar chords.
My Review: I recommend this series to do Hymn studies with your children. The books are beautiful! The biographical sketches are simple and short and straight to the point. The stories are written to keep the younger children’s attention while sparking an interest for deeper studies for the older ones. The sacred words sung on the CD’s are beautiful sung by children.
I am really pleased with the quality of the book. After taking a few months to complete volume one, the book itself is in excellent condition!
Overall rating of Hymn’s for a Kid’s Heart is simply marvelous.
Amazon states this book series is from ages 4-8. I agree but it can be used for older children very easily. My daughter, age 12 at the time enjoyed these books! For home school music curriculum, I created hymn notebook pages specifically for volume one. At the end of the year, my daughter had created a Hymnal Notebook.