For Home Ec today, my daughter and I made a pizza casserole.
A few days ago we went grocery shopping, and found some turkey pepperoni. That excited me considering I enjoy pizza but because of too much grease, I chose not to eat pepperoni. The turkey pepperoni does not taste the same, but I know it is a tad bit better/healthier.
This is how we made it:
2 c macaroni,
2 c mozzarella cheese,
1 jar of spaghetti sauce,
1/4 c diced white onion,
1/4 c diced green peppers,
1/4 c minced garlic,
1 lb. hamburger,
1 package turkey pepperoni
You can add any ingredient you would normally eat on a pizza.
1. Grease an oblong pan. Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
2. Boil the macaroni, drain, and place in a large bowl.
3. While the macaroni is boiling, saute the onions, green peppers, and garlic then cook the hamburger in the same pan. Drain.
3. Stir in one jar of spaghetti sauce.
4. Add in all ingredients. Pour from the large bowl into an oblong baking dish.
5. Top off with cheese.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cheese melts.
It turned out excellent!!! Let me know if you try this or what kind of ingredients you have used in your pizza casserole.